Which of the following is a discovery technique for generating ideas? (Points : 5)
Writing a thesis
2. Which of the following is a major focus of revision? (Points : 5)
3. A concise statement about what a writer will demonstrate or explain in an essay is called a _____. (Points : 5)
4. A writer should _____. (Points : 5)
Use sentences of equal length
Use various sentence lengths and patterns
Use words with complex derivations
Use sentences with comma splices
5. Editing and proofreading are usually done _____. (Points : 5)
6. A writer has achieved _____ when all ideas in a paragraph relate to the main idea. (Points : 5)
7. Three parts of the rhetorical situation are _____. (Points : 5)
Spelling, grammar, and mechanics
Flowcharts, graphic organizers and storyboards
Unity, coherence and organization
Subject, audience, and purpose
8. A good description requires_____. (Points : 5)
An exciting narrative with a surprise ending
Induction and deduction
Rebuttal and evidence
Concrete sensory details
9. What sentence clarifies the focus of a paragraph? (Points : 5)
A transition sentence
A major sentence
A topic sentence
A thesis sentence
10. What words link ideas, sentences, and paragraphs to achieve greater continuity? (Points : 5)
11. A research paper is _____. (Points : 5)
Arbitrary and subjective
Investigative and documented
Argumentative and abstract
Narrative and objective
12. A writer includes quotation marks around another author’s exact words but does not provide an in-text citation crediting the source. This writer has _____. (Points : 5)
13. A writer responds critically to source material by _____. (Points : 5)
Finding something to complain about
Assuming the information is correct
Reading and analyzing the material
Reading only the summary information
14. Which of the following examples avoids plagiarism? (Points : 5)
Paraphrasing a document from the Internet and then citing it
Copying and pasting a paragraph from an online encyclopedia
Using a direct quote from a book and not using quotation marks
Summarizing a resource in your own words
15. Which of the following would be considered the LEAST credible resource for a research paper? (Points : 5)
Which of the following has no errors in punctuation or sentence structure?
(Points : 5)
The hamburger is a popular food Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger is a popular food, and Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger which is a popular food, Americans eat millions per year.
The hamburger is a popular food, Americans eat millions per year.
17. Which of the following sentences uses pronouns correctly? (Points : 5)
The patients were treated for his or her illness.
A doctor must listen to his or her patients.
The medical assistant gave their opinion about the patient.
The doctor gave instructions to their patients.
18. Which of the following sentences is correct? (Points : 5)
Them are twenty students in the class.
They’re twenty students in the class.
Their are twenty students in the class.
There are twenty students in the class.
Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly?
(Points : 5)
My mother warned, “Whoever called Australia had better speak up.”
My mother said, I hope it wasn’t you”.
“My mother asked, Who called Australia”?
My mother said, “now I’m angry.”
20. Which of the following is a lower order concern? (Points : 5)
Revising for organization
Revising for coherence
Editing for punctuation
Editing for support
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.