In a 2-page essay, students will select ONE of the subjects listed below and write a 2-page paper on the topic of your choice.
Students must include a minimum of two references, one being from an outside, non-GU source.
Please be very sensitive to the issues of plagiarism! All of the written work submitted must clearly be your own. Keep in mind transcription of material (copying), followed by parenthetical identification of the source with little or no original thought added does not constitute an adequate essay. You are expected to provide some evidence that at least a significant portion of the each essay is your own reaction to, thought about or evaluation of the subject of the essay, composed in your own words. Agreement, disagreement, examples, etc. are appropriate – as long as evidence of some thoughtful and pertinent independent thought, reaction, or response to the term or question is included.
1. Summarize the social, political, and scientific ideas advocated during the Age of Reason and the effect those ideas had on correctional thinking.
2. Corporal punishments such as canings/whipping are still used in some parts of the world. Consider the 2009 case of American Kamari Charlton, a former college football player, who was sentenced to caning in Singapore. What purpose is served by such a punishment? Should America intervene; why or why not?
3. Describe and discuss the primary political, social, economic and institutional factors that gave rise to each era of correctional thinking, as well as those that doomed each successive reform.
4. With which theory of crime you most identify? Explain how you arrived at this conclusion? What type of punishment or correctional approach would correspond with “your” theory?
5. The nature and practices of corrections relates to environment. What kinds of conditions were prevalent in the South after the Civil War and how did this landscape affect corrections? Was anything unique or distinct in this region? What elements of today’s environment affect the nature and practices of corrections?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.