I’m stuck on a Social Science question and need an explanation.
Video 1: 13th https://youtu.be/krfcq5pF8u8
Video 2: White Like Me: Race, Racism & White Privilege in America https://umb.kanopy.com/video/white-me-0
Journal should be 2-3 pages in length, double-spaced,
- What stood out to you most about 13th?
- What stood out to you most about White Like Me?
- Specifically, what feelings, reactions, thoughts came up for you when viewing each of these films?
- Have you had discussions recently or in the past about the impact of race and ethnicity in your social circles?How did those conversations come about? Who were theparlticipants involved in those discussions?Have you noticed a difference in how those discussions went based on who and what race/ethnicity are represented?
- Biographical Exploration (as a black man)
- When and how did you become aware of your racial identit(ies)?
- Describe a moment when your racial identit(ies) were important to, or took on particular meaning for, you.
- Describe a moment when your racial identit(ies) were important to, or took on particular meaning for, others.
- How do you benefit from your racial identit(ies)?
- How do you suffer or “miss out” because of your racialidentit(ies)?
- Are some of these questions easier or more difficult to answer than others? Why might this be?
Johnson, A.G. (2017). Privilege, Power, And Difference
(3rd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw HillMio, J., Barker, L., & Rodriguez, M.D. (2019). Multicultural Psychology: Understanding Diverse Communities
(5th ed.). Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.