This study sheet will help you write a rough draft of the writing assignment that you will revise later on. Answer the following questions as you work through your study to build a strong and successful story.
1. What a Talented World! is coming to town, and you’re going to audition for it. What talent will you show off? This can be a real talent you’d be thrilled to show off, or it can be entirely imaginary — that’s the beauty of writing fiction. Write a paragraph describing your talent in detail, as if you’re walking on the stage and actually performing.
2. Is your fictional self excited, hesitant, or dreading the whole experience?
3. Choose a person whose life and whose viewpoint you’re interested in exploring. We’ll call this individual Person X in the lesson from now on, but you won’t do that in the story you write. Write down the person’s real name here and then briefly describe him or her in two or three sentences.
4. The person you’ve chosen above will also be auditioning for What a Talented World! Write a paragraph describing what talent this person will be showing off and how he or she feels about doing so.
5. For you to successfully impersonate Person X in the talent show, name at least three things you’d have to do differently (like play the flute, mimic Person X’s posture or gestures, talk in a different way, smile more or less, and so on). Be as specific as possible.
6. Will you be able to pull it off? Imagine you’re onstage and everyone is expecting the greatest display of [insert Person X’s talent here] ever. Write a short scene or a longer paragraph of description that takes us there when you’re trying to deliver what Person X’s talent is.
7. For Person X to successfully impersonate you in the talent show, name at least three things he or she will have to do differently (like play the flute, mimic your posture or gestures, talk in a different way, smile more or less, and the like). Be as specific as possible.
8. Is there any chance that Person X will be able to pull it off? Because everyone thinks that’s you up there! In a short scene or a longer paragraph of description, take us there to watch as Person X tries to pull it off. There’s a catch, though: Use the first-person point of view again, which means stepping into Person X’s mind and narrating all this from that person’s perspective, using the pronouns I, me, and my.
9. What would an innocent bystander think of all this? Imagine you’re sitting in the audience and you don’t know that a body swap has just occurred this morning. Write a short scene or a longer paragraph of description that allows us to watch either Scene 1 (you’re stuck in Person X’s body) or Scene 2 (Person X stuck in your body) from the point of view of a random person sitting in the audience.
10. Choose one of the three passages you’ve written so far and work it into a half-page scene. Are there specific sentences or lines that really capture the voice of whoever is narrating it (you, Person X, or the audience viewer)? Did any great ideas surface that you can spend more time describing in greater detail? Add them, expand anywhere things are going well, and cut out any parts that seem clunky or boring.
11. You’ll complete this same process with the other two passages so that you end up with three different scenes, each a half-page long, to submit as your prewriting “product.”
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.