STAT 200 QUIZ 2 WEEKS 3, 4, 5, 6 (16 @ 0.5 pts = 8 points)
SHOW YOUR CALCULATIONS NOT SOFTWARE
SUBMIT ANSWER SHEET ONLY NOT THESE QUIZ PROBLEMS
1. For a set of numbers, if the mean is equal to the median, its distribution might be:
c. Normally distributed
2. In the graph, there are two distrubitions and we can tell (Select ALL that apply):
a. The mean of distribution A> the mean of distribution B
b. The mean of distribution A < the mean of distribution B
c. The standard deviation of distribution A> the std deviation of distribution B
d. The standard deviation of distribution A= the st deviation of distribution B
3. (T/F) A BOX PLOT gives us considerable information about a data set, including the number of data points in any given range.
4. There are 20 coupons rolled up and placed inside round plastic balls in a box. There are 3 different types of coupons: 10 of them can be redeemed for “free drinks”, 5 can be redeemed for “free desserts”, and 5 can be redeemed for “free entrees”. If you shake the box and then randomly select one coupon. What’s the probability that you will get a “free entree coupon”? (a) 25% (b) 10% (c) 20% (d) 50% (e) None of these
5. Mary was tossing a coin. She tossed three times. What’s the probability that at the first toss she gets a head, the second toss she gets a tail at and the third time she get a tail? (a) 3/8 (b) 0.50 (c) 12.5% (d) 25%
6. 100,000 people: twenty percent are children younger and 7% of those children are malnourished. How many children malnourished? (a) 1000 (b) 1400 (c) 1200 (d) 1600
7. A normal distribution of data points has a mean of 15 and a standard deviation of 5. What is the standardized Z-VALUE for a data point with a value of 7? (a) +1.3 (b) -1.6 (c) -2.1 (d) +1.6
8. In this data set above, what is the probability that a data point is 7 or less?
(a) 4.5% (b) 0.095 (c) 0.055 (d) 55%
9. TOSSING A COIN: Using the Normal to approximate the Binomial (NOT the complex formulas) with a What is the probability of (binomial) data getting 17 to 21 heads out of 36 tosses? THE RANGE FOR WHICH WE DETERMINE THE Z VALUES FOR THE LOW AND HIGH ENDS IS?
(a) 17 to 21 (b) 17.5 to 19.5 (c) 16 to 22 (d) 16.5 to 21.5
10. What are the MEAN and Standard deviation approximations we use for this calculation?
(a) 18 and 3 (b) 17 and 10 (c) 18 and 9 (d) 16 and 3 (e) None of these
11. What are the z-Values that correspond to the range you determined in #9 above?
(a) +0.5 and -1.17 (b) -0.5 and +1.17 (c) – 0.16 and +0.38 (d) none of these
12. For these z-Values from #11, what are the areas (probabilites) to the LEFT ?
(a) 0.3085 and 87.9% (b) 3.85% and 0.0879 (c) 0.4801 and 13% (d) 4.81% and 95.2%
13. FINALLY, what is the approximate probability of 17 to 21 heads out of 35 coin tosses using the Normal to approximate the Binomial?
(a) 67% (b) 57% (c) 0.43 (d) 0.057 (e) None of these
14. CONFIDENCE INTERVALS IF WE HAVE THE MEAN BUT NOT THE STANDARD DEVATION WE USE THE _______, BUT IF WE HAVE THE MEAN AND THE STANDARD DEVAITION WE USE THE _________
(a) z-Tables and t-Tables (b) t-Tables and z-Tables (c) neither, we can’t calculate a confidence interval.
15. Using the t-Tables with an α of 5% the Confidence Interval would have limits at:
(a) 5% and 95% (b) 0.025 and 0.975 (c) 1% and 99% (d) none of these
16. Calculate the 99% Confidence Interval for 41 sample data points with a mean (m) of 25 and a standard deviation (s) of 5
(a) 21 to 29 (b) 23 to 27 (c) 24 to 26 (d) 22.5 to 27.5
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.