I need an explanation for this Social Science question to help me study.
To participate in this discussion, you must view the film, The Great White Hoax-Donald Trump and the Politics of Race and Class in America (available here and in our Module)
After viewing the above film, participate in our weekly discussion, answering the following questions:
1. Racial scapegoating: According to Wise, what role did fear and danger play in the appeals Donald Trump made to American voters? Which voters did he seem to be addressing his message to?
2. Trumpism and Political Norms: What are some other examples of racial “dog-whistles” that white politicians have used with white audiences to communicate
that black and brown people are the source of their problems?
3. Divide and Conquer Politics: Why does Wise say Donald Trump “functions like a walking, talking opioid”?
4. Trumpism and White Cultural Anxiety: What is cultural anxiety and what role did it play in Trump’s victory ?
5. A Perfect Storm of White Male Anxiety: What was the reaction of most Trump supporters when he was caught on tape glamorizing and making light of sexual assault? What’s your own take on what these supporters had to say about this?
6. Learning from the Past: Why does Wise see reason for optimism despite rising levels of intolerance, racism, and white nationalism since Trump’s
7. Provide substantial and constructive feedback to at least two classmates (no classmate feedback, no points awarded)