University of Phoenix Material
Answer the following multiple choice questions by highlighting the answer. There is one correct answer per question.
1. Which historical perspective stated that psychologists should study the different components of the mind independently, because to understand how the conscious mind works, we must understand all of its individual parts completely?
2. Edward Titchener used a method for studying the mind that became popular during the Structuralist period. The method, called _____, required trained participants to report their conscious mental experiences to the investigator. For example, if a person was angry, they would report all of their experiences during the time they were angry.
3. A potential problem with ___________ research is _____________.
a. longitudinal; cohort differences
b. cross-sectional; subject attrition
c. cross-sectional; cohort differences
d. longitudinal; random assignment
e. cross-sectional; maturation
4. Research by _____________ legitimized psychological science when it became the first psychological research presented as evidence to the United States Supreme Court.
a. Muzafer Sherif
b. Irving Janis
c. Mamie Clark
d. Phillip Zimbardo
e. Kurt Lewin
5. To determine whether changing one variable like education will produce changes in another like income, we must conduct _____________________ research.
6. Mary is studying the effect of high blood sugar on intelligence test performance. Which of these might be her hypothesis?
a. People should not eat high sugar foods prior to IQ testing.
b. High sugar foods increase energy and improve IQ test performance.
c. People who eat high sugar foods before testing will have lower scores on an IQ test than people who do not.
d. Roughly 75% of people had lower IQ test scores after eating high sugar snacks right before testing.
e. Individuals should not be given high sugar snacks prior to IQ testing.
7. Which of the following research methods would be most effective in demonstrating whether the presence of others improves our performance of a task?
a. An experiment
b. A correlational study
c. A survey
d. A field study
e. An historical study
8. Which of the following psychological studies would you expect to have similar results cross-culturally?
a. Milgram’s study of obedience to authority
b. Asch’s conformity study
c. Study of the symptoms of mental illness
d. Study of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
e. Study of parenting styles
9. According to the APA Ethical Standards, psychologists must inform participants of the nature of the research; and that they are free to participate, decline to participate, or withdraw from the research at any time. These requirements, among others, are necessary to ensure the participants’ ______.
b. risk level
c. informed consent
e. risk/benefit ratio
10. Making an ethical decision involves
a. simply applying a clear and definitive set of guidelines for ethical research
b. deciding that an ethical decision is effective if it makes you happy
c. identifying what ethical guidelines are relevant in a situation and what is at stake for all parties involved
d. maintaining the anonymity of the researchers
e. maintaining the anonymity of the participants
11. According to the APA Ethical Standards, who is ultimately responsible for the ethical conduct of research done in psychology?
a. The Institutional Review Board
b. The individual researchers
c. The sponsoring institution, such as the university
d. The assistants who test the participants
e. The funding agency
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.