Prior to beginning work on this assignment, watch the embedded video and review the PSY620: Analyzing and Citing Scholarly Articles guide.
Learning and cognition is a broad discipline. For this discipline-based literature review, you will research peer-reviewed articles published within the last ten years on the following constructs within this domain:
- The Neurosciences: A Look at Our Brains
- Socio-Cognition: Social Interactions in Learning
- Learning and Literacy: Reading, Writing and Language Development
- Diversity and Culture: The Effects to Learning
- Connectionism and Learning: A Web of Development
In your paper, use your research to provide an explanation of each of the above listed discipline-based constructs. Apply ethical principles to the explanations of each construct and consider the issues that arise in research within these different areas. Additionally, analyze each construct using a minimum of one peer-reviewed article per construct and provide support for your statements. Within this analysis, explain the theoretical perspectives and empirical findings for each construct that are pertinent to the field of learning and cognition.
The literature review:
- Must be seven to ten double-spaced pages in length, not including the title or references pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph.
- Must address the topic of the paper, including each construct, with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed sources (a minimum of one source per construct) from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the In-Text Citation Guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the APA References List.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.