I’m studying for my History class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
1. What were the most significant changes in Africa during the nineteenth century, and why did they occur?
2. During the nineteenth century, both Japan and China faced a combination of internal tensions and Western imperialism. How did these two countries respond to these challenges? Where did this leave both countries by the start of the twentieth century?
3. What were the global consequences of WWI? How did the settlement at the close of the war mark the start of a new era in international relations? What pre-war problems did this resolve and what new tensions did it create?
4. Thinking about political extremism during the interwar period, write an essay comparing either Italian fascism or German National Socialism with Stalinism. In what ways were these political regimes similar and where did they differ? How were they both seeking to address similar economic, social, and political issues.
5. Compare the struggle for independence in two countries following WWII. What were the factors that led to the push for independence? Were they both violent? If so, why? If not, why not?
6. Using two cases, explore the nature and character of genocide. In what contexts does it seem to emerge and why does it appear so difficult to prevent?
7. The Cold War dominated international politics during the second half of the twentieth century. What were the causes of the Cold War? Using two examples, describe how even though the US and the Soviet Union never went to war, the Cold War featured a host of violent conflicts often playing out in the Third World. Why did the Cold War make these conflicts so lethal?
requirement: •Make sure your introduction clearly lays out what you will be arguing.•Indent your paragraphs.•Avoid the use of personal pronouns in your essay.•Be sure to use transitional sentences to get from one paragraph to the next.•Check for run-‐on sentences that need to be broken up into smaller units.•Break up long blocks of text into smaller paragraphs.•Remember to cite your sources as you use them throughout your paper.•Number your pages.•Remove any spaces between your paragraphs