I need help with a Political Science question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
– Milgram, Maslow, Kohlberg and John Stuart Mill all examine the tradeoff between the need for conformity and the desire for freedom in any society
1. Milgram examines the necessity of, the reasons for, and the dark side of obedience to authority.
2. Kohlberg studies the moral stages of why individuals do, or don’t, obey authority.
3. Mill is concerned about the tyranny of the masses and argues for the need for the protection of individual freedom of thought and action in the face of the power of social conformity.
4. Maslow gives us an understanding of how individuals can move beyond our basic need for security and also how individuals can be manipulated by fear and the need for security.
Assignment: 2 QUESTIONS