Please answer the following multiple choice question. Note that there might be more than one answer correct.
1. Living organisms share a number of characteristics. These unifying characteristics separate them from non-living things. For each of the following statements, check the statements that correctly distinguish living things from non-living things?
1. All living organisms are made up of one or more cells.
2. Only living organisms are complex.
3. All living organisms reproduce by passing on specific genetic information to future generations.
4. Only living organisms are capable of movement.
5. Only living organisms (populations) are capable of evolving.
6. Only living organisms require an input of energy to drive cellular activities.
7. Only living organisms produce heat as a byproduct of chemical reactions.
8. All living organisms are dependent on a constant supply of oxygen for survival.
9. Only living organisms respond to external stimuli.
10. All living organisms grow by increasing cell size and/or cell number.
2. The formulation of a hypothesis is based on observations and refined by available information from past observations or research. Place the following statements in the appropriate sequence showing the progression from an observation to a testable hypothesis.
1. You notice that the bread you left on the counter has more mold on it than do the rolls that you put in the refrigerator.You notice that the bread you left on the counter has more mold on it than do the rolls that you put in the refrigerator.
2. Does temperature affect the growth of mold or is the difference in mold growth related to differences between the bread and the rolls?Does temperature affect the growth of mold or is the difference in mold growth related to differences between the bread and the rolls?
3. Bread placed in warmer temperatures should develop mold faster and more extensively than bread placed in colder temperatures.
4. Colder temperatures impede the growth of mold.
3. Drag the part of the scientific method on the left to the example on the right it best matches. Then, drag the sentences into the sequence they would most likely happen following a simplified scientific method.
1. John runs some statistics on his distances to see if he can find any significance in his study. Part: ____________
2. On a walk around a pond John sees that small frogs on the shore only allow him to get within 5 feet before jumping into the water. Part: ____________
3. John uses mechanical “predators” to approach frogs at a pond shore, and he records the distance between predator and frog as the frogs jump. Part:
4. John writes up and sends out his experimental results for other scientists to critique. Part: ____________
5. John thinks that frogs vary the proximity to which they allow predators to approach based on the size of the predator. Part: ____________
4. The four major groups of organic compounds are:
1. carbohydrates, lipids, steroids, and monosaccharides.
2. carbohydrates, proteins, amino acids, and nucleic acids.
3. fats, waxes, carbohydrates, and amino acids.
4. lipids, fats, waxes, and steroids.
5. carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids.
5. Complete the following paragraph to describe the semiconservative replication of DNA.
1. DNA replication is achieved by a process called ____________ replication.
2. After the DNA double helix unwinds, each old strand serves as a ____________ for the formation of a new strand.
3. Complementary ____________ will base pair with those of the old strand.
4. After all new nucleotides are added, the old and new strand will form a ____________ strand of DNA.
5. After replication is complete there are ____________ daughter DNA double helices.
6. Each daughter double helix has the same sequence of base pairs as the ____________ double helix had before replication began.
6. Complete the following paragraph to describe the four main observations that make up Darwin’s theory of natural selection.
differential reproductive success
1. Individual organisms within a(n) ____________ exhibit variation. That variation is ____________ and can be passed on from generation to generation.
2. These organisms undergo ____________ for a limited number of available natural resources.
3. These organisms exhibit ____________ , meaning some have traits that better enable them to survive long enough to reproduce.
4. Those that do survive to reproduce pass on their ____________ traits to their offspring.
5. Over time, natural selection enables organisms to develop ____________ to their environment.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.