DIRECTIONS: You will submit a total of 3 separate posts for this unit.
1) Answer any THREE of the nine questions listed below. You may pick three questions from the same chapter or three questions from two different chapters. It’s entirely up to you. These three posts must have a minimum of 100 words each. Anything less will result in a grade of ZERO without the possibility of a make-up post. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SUBMIT 3 SEPARATE POSTS: DO NOT ANSWER MORE THAN ONE QUESTION IN A SINGLE POST. QUESTIONS: Chapter 1: Plato’s Allegory of the Cave 1. What are some things the allegory suggests about the process of enlightenment or education? 2. The allegory presupposes that there is a distinction between appearances and reality. Do you agree? Why or why not? 3. What sometimes happens to people when the illusion is shattered and reality is revealed? Can you give an example from your own or a friend’s experience?
Chapter 2: Plato’s Euthyphro
4. What it is that makes Socrates “philosophical” while Euthyphro is not?
5. What sorts of questions does Socrates ask and what sorts of answers does Euthyphro give?
6. The dialogue ends inconclusively: Euthyphro has not been able to arrive at a satisfactory definition of the pious. Does this mean the whole discussion between Socrates and Euthyphro was a complete waste of time? Why or why not?
Chapter 3: Plato’s Apology of Socrates
7. Socrates is famous for saying that “an unexamined life is not worth living for a human being.” What does he mean by this? What’s so valuable about examining one’s life?
8. When Socrates is suggesting that his “penalty” be free meals in the Prytaneum, he compares himself to the victor in an Olympic race. He says that while victory brings the Athenians only the appearance of success, Socrates brings the reality of success. What service does Socrates think he is doing for the Athenians that cannot be matched by the winner of an Olympic race? How does examining the citizens of Athens bring them true success?
9. Socrates thinks that the person who is aware of his ignorance is wiser than the person who thinks he knows something when he doesn’t. But if neither person knows anything, how can one be wiser than the other? What kind of wisdom could Socrates be referring to here?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.