Philosopher Values & Ethics Assignment Instructions
The purpose of the Philosopher Values & Ethics Assignment is twofold. The first purpose is to identify dispositions displayed by various educational philosophers throughout history. The second is to discuss how educators may apply the dispositions in a current-day context in such a way as to impact education and society. Candidates will provide historical examples of how educators in the past have displayed specific values and ethical dispositions. Then, considering factors regarding current social and cultural issues, candidates will also provide examples of how educators today may impact culture through the dispositions of social responsibility, commitment, reflective practice, integrity, and professionalism. As candidates identify various dispositions displayed by historical figures, they are indicating the relevance of specific ethical beliefs and actions. Candidates apply the lens of Biblical truth and their own educational philosophy as they analyze the dispositions of various philosophers.
Using the Philosopher Values & Ethics Template, in the Historical Example column, explain how each disposition was exemplified by a particular educational philosopher. Refer to a variety of different philosophers throughout the template and cite each example in APA format; include a reference list at the bottom.
In the Current Proposed Application column, propose how educators today might impact culture by applying each disposition. Current application should be specific to societal issues that influence education. Do not submit a formal paper for this assignment. The template is all that is required.
Each cell in the template should include one or two fully-developed and well-structured sentences.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via an online plagiarism tool.
SCRIP Disposition Explanation
Below is an explanation of what is intended by each disposition. Consider these definitions as you complete the assignment: S-C-R-I-P: Social responsibility, Commitment, Reflective practice, Integrity, Professionalism
|1. Displays a sense of Social responsibility and the belief that all students can learn.
Fruit of the Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Goodness
|· Demonstrates the belief that all students can learn.
· Demonstrates a sense of fairness, justice, and equity for all students.
· Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of all diverse learners.
· Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity to human needs.
· Provides opportunities and motivation for all students to learn.
· Interacts effectively with students to provide a positive, structured learning environment where student access, success, and achievement is priority.
|2. Demonstrates Commitment and Work ethic.
Fruit of the Spirit: Faithfulness, Longsuffering
|· Is committed to the professional field of education.
· Follows through on commitments.
· Takes responsibilities seriously.
· Completes assigned tasks on time.
· Shows the self-discipline and work ethic essential to be planned, prepared, and organized for success.
· Demonstrates a persevering commitment to each student’s learning success.
|3. Demonstrates Reflective practice.
Fruit of the Spirit: Faithfulness
|· Critically evaluates issues as a means for reform and progress.
· Considers thoughtfully educational matters and the practice of teaching.
· Makes choices after pondering ideas and experiences.
· Learns from collaboration and shared leadership with colleagues.
· Utilizes data to make informed decisions.
|4. Displays personal Integrity.
Fruit of the Spirit: Goodness
|· Models exemplary citizenship through moral leadership.
· Acts in an ethical and moral manner.
· Values honesty both professionally and personally.
· Demonstrates trustworthiness.
· Abides by a professional code of ethics; maintains confidentiality and discretion.
|5. Displays Professionalism in behavior and actions.
Fruit of the Spirit: Gentleness, Meekness, Temperance
|· Respects authority, colleagues, students, and others.
· Accepts constructive feedback in a respectful, appropriate manner.
· Demonstrates appropriate behavior; possesses patience, self-control, and flexibility when obstacles or difficult situations occur.
· Effectively manages personal emotions and feelings and reacts reasonably to situations.
· Adheres to proper, formulated lines of communication / expresses a grievance in a dignified, temperate manner.
· Acts confidently and maturely.
· Is prompt and responsible in attendance for class, field experiences, meetings, etc.
· Effectively uses language in speech and writing to persuade and positively impact others.
· Maintains enthusiasm and passion for the field of education.
· Cooperatively collaborates with others to form learning communities.
· Views learning as a life-long activity.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.