Need help with my Business question – I’m studying for my class.
Case Analysis Case 4.4 “A New Work Ethic?”
If employees discovered that a customer had died on the premises do you think they would do something? Are certain employees that receive lower wages inclined to do less in their course of employment? It is true that if you get an office and computer, you can scam your way through the workforce? (Shaw, 2017, p. 151).
- How typical are the attitudes that Sheehy reports? Does his description of a new work ethic tally with your own experiences?
- What are the implications for the future of American business of the work ethic Sheehy describes?
- Some might discount Sheehy’s experiences either as being the product of one particular industry or as simply reflecting the immaturity of young employees. Would you agree?
- Is it reasonable to expect workers, especially in a capitalist society, to be more devoted to their jobs, more concerned with quality and customer service, than Sheehy’s coworkers were? What explains employee theft?
- In what ways does the culture of our capitalist society encourage attitudes like those Sheehy describes?
- 2-3 pages, not including title or reference pages.
- APA writing style must be used for all formatting. (Double-spacing required)
- Please see the “Case Analysis Rubric” for specific grading details.