I’m working on a History question and need guidance to help me study.
- A brief summation of the movie (no longer than one paragraph in length, approximately 150 words)
- How historically accurate was the plot (did these events actually take place as presented in the movie)?
- How historically accurate were the characters (were they based on real people, or were they composites of multiple individuals)?
- How do the events found in the movie reinforce or disregard themes found in the textbook and the in-class primary source documents (point to specific examples to support your argument)?
- How was the historical information presented (was it simply a backdrop for the story that the director wanted to tell, or was it essential)?
John Adams (2008) (Two out of the last three episodes of the series)
Hamilton (2020) (If you watched it for Unit 1, you cannot watch it again)
Rediscovering Alexander Hamilton (2011)
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Lewis and Clark: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery (1997)
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2004)
The War of 1812 on the Chesapeake: Home of the Brave (2012)
Andrew Jackson: Good, Evil, and the Presidency (2008