I’m studying for my Sports Management class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
There’s been a lot of debate for years about whether the NCAA should be paying its athletes, who take on serious physical risks by competing and who sometimes earn their universities a lot of money.
you need to first read this posthumous editorial by longtime Georgetown basketball coach John Thompson Jr. (check out his Wikipedia page here (Links to an external site.))published on November 12th link to online version
- Opinion: Let’s Drop the Charade and Pay College Athletes For a long time, I resisted the idea. But after watching the N.C.A.A. take years to enforce its own rules, I changed my mind. Link: com/2020/11/12/opinion/sunday/ncaa-sports-paying-college-players.html”>https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/12/opinion/sunday/…
Then, write a post with each of the following components clearly labeled:
- Do you think the NCAA has a moral obligation to pay college athletes who make money for their universities, and who could be paid to play elsewhere?
- Do you think the NCAA has a moral obligation to pay college athletes who don’t make money for their universities and probably couldn’t be paid to play elsewhere, but who risk injury by participating and whose likeness is used in advertising for the university?
- In the second-to-last paragraph, Thompson Jr. says that “Paying players would not be easy.” He then lists a bunch of really complicated questions. Pick one of those complicated questions and answer it.
- First, copy and paste the question you’ve chosen.
- Then, skip a line.
- Then answer your question.