I’m studying for my Social Science class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Chapter 9 focused on Promoting a Productive Work Environment. This included an understanding of individual motivation through a review of: (Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Herzberg’s Two-Factor Theory, McClelland’s Needs Theory, and other theories of individual motivation). It also discussed professional values and ethics, the influence of the work group, supporting staff growth through supervision, and alternative models of supervision. With the knowledge gained from reading the materials, answer the following questions:
1) Provide a definition of motivation.
2) How did Maslow describe what motivates people?
3) A. How did Herzberg’s theory and McClelland’s theory define individual needs and motivation and B) how do their theories differ or similar to Maslow’s (compare and contrast)?
4) What motivates individuals in the context of work (use one of the theories on motivation identified in the book to justify or support your answer)?
5) How do you sustain/facilitate professional values and ethics in organizations?
6) What are the best practices in supporting staff growth through supervision?
Weinbach, R.W. (2015). The social worker as manager: A practical guide to success. (7th ed). Boston: Allyn and Bacon.