Remember that along with your Scantron questions, your lecture exam will also have 2 essay questions chosen from the list below. Since you have access to the essay prompts, I will expect well thought-out essays with good grammar and spelling. You may need to look up additional information in your text book to support your essay responses but extensive research in other sources should not be necessary. Feel free to work together or discuss your thoughts and questions with your fellow classmates. Please keep in mind that your final answers should be your own work. Exact same answers word for word will not be acceptable and may result in half credit for each student(s). It is also unfair for students to have their work copied and someone else getting the same score while doing none of the work! I will be happy to discuss topics and answer questions about these prompts but I will not “read over your responses to check them.” One final thought, these essays will be worth numerous points so keep that in mind as you think about how you would answer each question. Three sentence answers will not be sufficient!
1. What part of aerobic respiration produces the most ATP? Describe how this process works in eukaryotes and prokaryotes including where the entering molecules came from, the cellular location and how the ATP is produced.
2. Compare and contrast the processes of DNA replication in the cell versus in a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). (You should be able to find several similarities and several differences)
3. Bacteria like E. coli encode certain types of proteins known as receptors that sense nutrients and allow the bacteria to find food sources. Trace the creation of a protein starting with the gene in the genome and ending with the protein. (Include enzymes and molecules involved in the processes)
4. Why are prokaryotes able to react to their environment by producing proteins much more quickly than eukaryotes? (This should be a complete analysis including multiple differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic transcription and translation).
5. How would you create a genetically-modified corn plant that expresses the human fibrin protein? (You need to include all techniques, steps, enzymes, etc.)
6. If you were a lab technician hired by the Maury Povich Show for an episode on paternity testing, how could you determine which of 4 possible men was a baby’s biological father? (Include the theory and techniques involved in the identification).
7. Imagine that you are planning to treat a patient with the antibiotic Kanamycin for her Staphylococcus aureus infection. Explain how you would determine both: A) the Minimum Inhibitory Concentration of Kanamycin for this infection and, B) the Therapeutic Index of Kanamycin. Include an explanation of why this information is important.
8. Analyze the rise of antibiotic-resistant infections including how bacteria become resistant, how someone gets an antibiotic-resistant superinfection and how our society encourages the development of antibiotic resistances.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.