Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, be certain to have read all the required resources for this week.
The collaborative practice of clinicians across disciplines requires a shared language, appreciation of diagnostic and therapeutic paradigms, and recognition of appropriate roles within the health care team. This collaborative environment is at the heart of a health care system that utilizes the skills and expertise of all its team members in appropriate and extended roles. This model of care delivery is often called integrated care (IC) or collaborative care (CC). Although this model is endorsed by many professional societies and agencies, the CC/IC care delivery model can fail due to multiple factors.
In your initial post, consider the clinical partnerships that result within the CC/IC delivery model. Integrating concepts developed from different content domains in psychology, address the following questions.
· How might health care teams achieve therapeutic goals for individual clients?
· How does this support health literacy?
· What factors might lead to the failure of the CC/IC delivery model?
· How might lack of acceptance of the value or viability of the CC/IC model by stakeholders, lack of awareness of the clinical competencies of various members of the team, barriers to financial reimbursement for services, and lack of integration of support services within the practice cause a breakdown in efficacy?
· What supportive interventions within the CC/IC model address such issues?
In addition, consider how successful health care models assume an understanding of each profession’s competencies and responsibilities. For example, primary care providers (PCPs) are sometimes unaware of the abilities and practice scope of psychology professionals.
· Identify methods of targeted intervention and education for PCPs that might alleviate potential issues for the CC/IC model.
· Explain how the APA Ethical Code of Conduct can be used to guide decisions in these complex situations.
· Evaluate and comment on the potential work settings where you might find the CC/IC model. In what ways might this model provide more job satisfaction?
Auxier, A., Farley, T., & Seifert, K. (2011). Establishing an integrated care practice in a community health center. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 42(5), 391–397. doi:10.1037/a0024982
· The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article describes a working integrated primary care model that encompasses universal screening, consultation, psychotherapy, and psychological testing.
Funderburk, J. S., Fielder, R. L., DeMartini, K. S., & Flynn, C. A. (2012). Integrating behavioral health services into a university health center: Patient and provider satisfaction. Families, Systems, & Health, 30(2), 130–140. doi:10.1037/a0028378
· The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article describes a study in which an integrated behavioral health care services program was implemented in a university health center. One of the primary goals was to assess provider and patient acceptability and satisfaction with the program.
Kelly, J. F., & Coons, H. L. (2012). Integrated health care and professional psychology: Is the setting right for you? Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 43(6), 586–595. Retrieved from https://library.ashford.edu/ezproxy.aspx?url=http%3A//search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true%2526AuthType=ip,cpid%2526custid=s8856897%2526db=pdh%2526AN=2012-33696-001%2526site=ehost-live
· The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article provides an overview of integrated care to help practicing psychologists develop a better understanding of the advantages and challenges associated with integrated care.
London, L. H., Watson, E. C., & Berger, J. (2013). help children B-HIP!”>An integrated primary care approach to help children B-HIP! Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 1(2), 196–200. doi:10.1037/cpp0000014
· The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article outlines a collaborative health care initiative designed to address the previously undiagnosed mental health care needs of pediatric patients in a primary care setting.
Runyan, C. N. (2011). patient-centered medical home“>Psychology can be indispensable to health care reform and the patient-centered medical home. Psychological Services,8(2), 53–68. doi:10.1037/a0023454
· The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article argues for the role of psychology in integrated health care and discusses training implications and opportunities for psychologists.
Soklaridis, S., Kelner, M., Love, R., & Cassidy, D.J. (2009). Integrative health care in a hospital setting: Communication patterns between CAM and biomedical practitioners. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 23(6), 655–667. Retrieved from https://library.ashford.edu/ezproxy.aspx?url=http%3A//search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true%2526AuthType=ip,cpid%2526custid=s8856897%2526db=a9h%2526AN=44746564%2526site=ehost-live
· The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article explores communication and collaboration among key stakeholders, including complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and biomedical practitioners, at an integrative health clinic
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.