· PART A: Ten Vocabulary words. As you read the text above select 10 vocabulary words (minimum). You select the words new to you, or words used in a way new to you. List each word and then a definition that fits the usage of the word. Look up the definition in an academic dictionary (such as Oxford or Miriam Webster’s New Collegiate, but not Google.) Then write the definition IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Select as many vocabulary words as needed to fill up the requirement of 10.
· PART B: Answer the following questions. Do NOT retype the question.
1. Write a brief introduction for H.G. Wells? Explain who he was, when and where he lived, and what he did for the world. Link (Links to an external site.)
2. Wells says the following “. . . a steady growth of knowledge and a general clearing up of men’s ideas about the world in which they lived. . . .” Explain how this growth in knowledge effected other areas of human thought, like politics and popular thought.
3. Explain the role played by the “private gentleman” in the rise and resurrection of scientific thinking.
4. Explain how Science rose once in ancient Greece, and again much later in Europe.
5. What role did the Universities play in the scientific revolution? Explain in your own words.
6. What shocking discoveries from the Record of the Rocks contradicted the record of scripture? How did the religious mind react to Geology?
7. Explain the connections between metallurgy, machinery and industry. Does this imply that building some machines requires better science? Does this mean that better industry depends on better science? Does this mean that better business depends on science? Does this mean that better business depends on critical thinking? How so?
8. Explain how the revolution in machinery impacted transportation on land.
9. Explain how the transportation revolution influenced the ability to Administer things.
10. Outline the revolution in sea transportation.
11. At what speed did the fastest news travel from London to Paris in 1800? And in 1851? How do you account for this revolution in the speed of information?
12. Explain how the Germans differed from the English and French in their approach to these revolutions, especially at the Universities.
13. Explain what change in technology made human flight finally possible.
14. Explain how the change in material knowledge effected agriculture and food production.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.