The midterm will consist of two options. You may choose 1, which is a short answer assignment. Or, you may choose 2, which is a 10-15 minute presentation, in which you choose a topic thus covered this semester. You only need to complete 1 assignment.
This assignment consists of short answer questions that encompass chapters covered thus far. Please answer them in your own words. If references are used, please provide citations.
1. Chapter 1 covered psychological research and the different methods one can use. Please explain the following and give me an example of each: case study, survey and naturalistic observation.
2. Chapter 4- Why do we need sleep? How does it impact learning and memory?
3. Chapter 5- Explain how Pavlov discovered classical conditioning while working with dogs and measuring salivation responses. Please identify what the neutral stimulus, unconditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, conditioned stimulus and conditioned responses were.
4. Explain generalization and discrimination in terms of classical and operant conditioning.
5. Please explain the four basic reinforcement schedules for operant conditioning. In addition, please give me an example and tell me what type of responding occurs with each, as well as which is harder to extinguish.
6. Observational learning is another form of learning that was studied by Bandura. Please watch the video below an tell me what you learned about how violence can be learned in children.
7. We tend to measure memory by recognition, recall and relearning. Please tell me what these are and give an example of each.
8. What is a flashbulb memory? How accurate is it? Please give me an example.
9. Sue is studying for her test in the same room that she is going to take it. She thinks this will give her a better chance of remembering what she learned. Similarly, she makes sure she is drinking coffee during the test as she was drinking coffee when she studied. What behavior is she exhibiting? Can memory be context and state dependent?
10. In your own words, tell me one thing you have learned this semester. Has your understanding of what psychology is changed since the start of the class?
Thus far, we have studied what psychology is, and covered several key concepts. You may choose one topic from the chapter’s covered, and do a 10-15 minute presentation, accompanied by a power point presentation. Below are some topics, which also accompany some ideas that you might choose from. If you have another idea that pertains to psychology, please let me know, and I will work with you on designing a project.
1. What makes research good or bad? What are the various types of research-scientific and more subjective, give examples of these?
2. How do Industrial psychologists work within the field of business, talk about an area-leadership, group cohesion, motivation, ergonomics?
3. How is sleep related to memory consolidation?
4. What is flashbulb memory?, Why does it occur? How accurate is it?
5. Repressed Memories- What does the research say about them?, Do you think they exist?, Why or why not?
6. How do false memories come to exist, and how does this impacts eye witness testimony.
1. Give me an overview of the topic from research you have obtained. This should come from 2 to 3 sources.
2. Break the topic down into a 10-15 minute presentation that will be covered in a power point presentation for the class.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.