Read the PowerPointpro tips document and look at the example PowerPointto learn how to do the skills yourself! Create a PowerPointthat demonstrates the skills shown.
create a powerpoint and follow all instructions.
POWER POINT POWER TIPS
POWER POINT BEST PRACTICES
· Make background black as default
o Design tab up at the top – then “Format Background” or right click on the slide and choose “Format Background”
o Choose Solid Fill
o Black color
o “Apply to All”
· Add page numbers
o Insert tab at the top
o “Slide Number”
o Choose your selection, then “Apply to All”
· Use Notes in presenter view
o On bottom of power point, click “Notes”
o Make Notes section bigger
· Font size – at least 28 Point Font
· Minimal Text – DO NOT USE your power point as your teleprompter
· Use “anti-anxiety slides” at the beginning to make sure it works!
· Always have a backup plan
TOP TEN CAPABILITIES
1. INSERTING AN PHOTO
· Be sure to convert all PDFs to JPEGs b/c Power Point isn’t compatible with PDF
· To get exhibit into Power point, click and drag, use insert tab at top, or click on the picture icon on the slide
· Circular button on photo – helps rotate the image
· To resize an image, use arrows at corners of pic
· You can align the location of the picture on the slide
2. CALL OUT BOXES
· Two ways to have the call out box appear –
o Copy and paste an exact copy of the slide OR
o Add an animation (see below)
· Get to the Format toolbar (either by right click or at top of screen)
· Top right – click “Crop” (black lines will appear around the exhibit)
· Move the black lines to the portion of the exhibit you want to enhance
· Click outside of the exhibit/picture to make the crop tool disappear
· Click on the exhibit and increase size in the corner
· Copy the new increased picture
· Paste overtop of the original slide
· Effects of the Callout box
o Format Picture
o Shadow, 3-D Format, 3-D rotation, etc.
3. ADD AN ANIMATION
· Top menu bar – click animations
· Click on the item you want to “animate” or appear
· Select animation effect option (either in bar up at the top or the pull down under “Add Animation”
· Click on Animation Pane to control the effects of the animation
o You can change the order of which appears first
o Changing the length of animation
§ Use pull down on animation
§ Choose Effect options
§ Go to Timing
§ Choose how you want it to appear (e.g., on click, timing, etc.)
§ Duration – changes the pace of animation
4. CALLING ATTENTION TO A CERTAIN PORTION OF A PHOTO
· Go to Insert – Shapes
· Select your shape
· Draw it over where you want it
· Change the formatting to what you want
o E.g., Shape fill – no fill
o To increase the shape outline – Shape Outline – Weight
o Change the Color to what you want
· Add animation to the shape per above
5. ADDING UNDERLINE OR HIGHLIGHTS
· Use steps for “calling attention to a certain portion of an exhibit/photo” but choose the rectangle shape
· Put the rectangle over what you want to highlight
· Right click to “Format Shape”
· Change the Fill to make it transparent
· Delete the outline if there is one
· Change color as desired
· Add animation “Wipe”
o Change the “wipe” settings to look like you are highlighting left to right
o Effect Options – Direction – change to “from left”
6. CREATING A SIDE-BY-SIDE ANALYSIS/COMPARATIVE SLIDE
· Insert – shapes – line
· Align to middle and center
· Format the line width and color
· Insert separate text boxes on either side
o Insert – text box, then draw box
o Format text to white
7. ANIMATING AN ARROW OR MAKING AN OBJECT MOVE
· Insert the desired shape onto the power point slide
· Add Animation – Motion Path
· Click on “Lines”
· Click on where you want it to start and end
· Change the direct by using “Effect Options”
8. EMBED AND TRIM AN AUDIO FILE
· Insert audio file onto slide
· Put a photograph or other exhibit up with it
· Change the settings on the animation pane to what you want – e.g., “on click,” after previous, etc.
· To trim the audio file – Right click on the audio/speakers – Select “Trim”
· Use the green and red bars to trim to the part you want
· Mac Users: you must open the file in either Quicktime or Garageband to trim audio file. Export as audio file, then re-insert into Powerpoint.
9. INSERT A CHECKLIST
· Insert text box. Resize to fit the whole width of slide
· Fill shape (but make sure text is still visible)
· Insert squres to make a check list
o Two white squares for yes/no
· Insert check mark or X into the boxes
· Repeat these steps for each new question
10. FOCUSING ON PART OF AN IMAGE (use exhibit 16)
· Insert image onto slide
· Insert white box on top of the entire exhibit/picture
· Send the white box backward so you can see the exhibit (upper right menu)
· Insert circle around portion you want to focus on
· Do a “control – A” on the power point
· Click on Drawing Tools – Format – Merge Shapes (on the left of bar)
· Combine the two shapes
· Make the white box transparent
· Add red, yellow, green circles in bottom left first 3 slides
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.