Educate clients in the fundamental principles of nutrition
In this assessment you will need to select a food range (a product or type of food), which is available in three different brands or forms. You will be required to analyse each of the products, providing relevant information from the food labelling or other evidence as relevant. There are several examples of provided in Table 1 on the following page, you are welcome to choose one of these or you may have a different product of interest that you would like to research and report on.
For this assignment you will need to complete the following tasks:
1. Undertake an analysis of each of the food products comparing and contrasting the nutritional content for the selected food products highlighting the differences and similarities. Information must be relevant to Australian food standards, you may use the NUTTAB 2010 nutrient table:
2. Provide a recommendation on healthiest product and outline why this is the case using supporting evidence (this can include information from your text book, journal articles, government websites, product websites and the Dietary Guidelines of Australia.)
3. Present your report in an A4 document (Word .doc or .docx, PDF or .txt file types are acceptable), featuring a cover page that includes your name, email address, unit code and you may include a title. You will be required to implement in-text citations where relevant and ensure that referencing is in APA 6 style. For further information on referencing download a copy of the Referencing Guide from the induction section of this course.
4. Keep to a word count of 1500 words +/- 10%. Be accurate and to the point in your report.
5. Including an appendix showing the food labels, or other evidenced information, for each of the products in your assignment is required. Information may be provided as tables or photograph images. (Note that word counts are not applied to appendices.)
The aim of this assignment is to ensure that you are prepared for your further studies in the Diploma of Nutrition, checking that you are able to:
• Utilise the information sources available via My ecampus
• Apply critical thinking and nutrition science principles
• Organise your information effectively and prepare to exchange
• Present and communicate your ideas in a clear and logical manner
You are free to choose your own products from a particular food range or use the examples below. There are a number of different ways to make comparisons that then may determine recommendations. It’s important that you are able to support your claims with evidence.
Food Range Examples
Food Type and Manufacturer/Producer
Food Product Selection 1 – Cereals
Simply Gluten Free Corn Flakes (Coles brand)
Natural Bircher Muesli (Carman’s)
Food Product Selection 2 – Yoghurts
Strawberry Yoghurt Low Fat (Vaalia)
Greek Yoghurt (Tamar Valley)
Vanilla Bean Yogurt (Activia)
Food Product Selection 3 – Broccoli
Organic Broccoli (Local markets, certified organic farmer)
Australian Frozen Broccoli Florets (Coles)
Australian Broccoli, fresh (Local grocer or supermarket)
* Food labelling information can be found via the Coles website or via the following link: https://www.coles.com.au
Your report can be focussed on a particular feature of the various products, for instance with yoghurt you could discuss the amount of calories between products or compare the probiotic strains. With broccoli you could choose to detail which type of growing and producing supplies more nutrients, discuss which option is better on a cost-benefit review or perhaps explain why a certain choice has improved social and healthy lifestyle benefits.
No matter what approach you take, make sure that you can source the information that supports your recommendations. Your assessors will be reviewing the following in deeming you competent:
• Three different products were compared and contrasted with accurate information
• The information for each different product or food type was detailed in appendix
• Sound rationale was applied in the comparison of the three different food choices
• Recommendation was made with the support of relevant evidence
• The report was presented in clear language with correct spelling and grammar
• The students work was original, with correct citations in-text and APA 6 referencing.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.