Assessments 1 and 2 are scenario-based, so you must complete them in the order in which they are presented.
Finding, organizing, and motivating teams is a key leadership skill as is the ability to communicate and present information.
In this assessment, you will continue your work on the project by creating a 5–7 slide PowerPoint presentation for the diversity project kickoff meeting.
• View the PowerPoint Presentation Instructions for guidelines and hints for an effective presentation.
• Download the PowerPoint Template found in the resources and use it to complete this assessment.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
• PowerPoint Template [PPTX]. Use this template to complete your presentation for this week’s assessment.
Imagine that Lynette follows up with you in an e-mail shortly after reading your views on leadership and collaboration:
Thanks for sending me your thoughts last week on the diversity issue at the clinic. Your next step is to select a team of professionals who can help you in this project and prepare an introduction of the project for a first meeting with them.
I want you to prepare a presentation to serve as a brief, but substantive introduction for the first meeting with a group of 4–5 members who will participate on the committee tasked with addressing the diversity issue. Once I review more information about the proposed team I can help you with the recruitment. The presentation should be 5–7 minutes and use 6–8 slides with detailed speaker’s notes so I can understand your approach. Not a lot of time or space, so keep things pretty high level. Do the following:
• Briefly outline the project goals and highlight 2–3 of the initial priorities to be addressed by the group. Also, explain why they are important.
• Explain the composition of the team and why you chose them. Note that you will not know the exact individuals yet, but assume we will recruit the people with the desired qualities and characteristics that you outline in the presentation. Consider the following:
• Include a group of professionals you believe can help define the problem and ultimately make recommendations on how to address it.
• Make sure each member is either trained in, sensitive to, or has experience with the concept of workplace diversity.
• Give some thought to having some members from outside the organization.
• Provide member profiles: their diversity, qualifications, experience, internal versus external, and so forth.
• Explain your role and describe how the committee will work together and achieve effective interprofessional collaboration.
• Describe how the group will communicate. How and when they will meet.
• Describe how ideas will be shared and decisions made.
• Describe roles, group function, and structure.
• Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse workplace.
• Provide a convincing argument regarding the benefits of a diverse workforce using support from current research.
Create a 6–8 slide presentation in response to the content defined in the above scenario and submit it in the courseroom.
• Length: 5–7 PowerPoint slides (not including title slide) that would accompany an approximately 5-minute oral presentation.
• Notes: Prepare detailed speaker’s notes describing items on each slide so that the viewer can accurately interpret the deeper meanings and intentions that would have been conveyed orally. Support your claims, arguments, and conclusions with credible evidence from 2–3 current, scholarly or professional sources.
• Visuals: Create visuals that are easily read and interpreted. Use colors, fonts, and formatting and other design principles that make the information clear and generally add to the aesthetic of the presentation.
Please refer to the scoring guide for details on how your assessment will be evaluated.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
• Competency 1: Apply qualities, skills and practices used by effective healthcare leaders.
• Outline goals and initial priorities that reasonably reflect the project.
• Competency 2: Apply practices that facilitate effective interprofessional collaboration.
• Outline a plan that effectively fosters interprofessional group collaboration.
• Competency 3: Apply ethical codes and diversity best practices in health care organizations.
• Define the composition of a team with characteristics that could effectively address a diversity issue.
• Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Explain the benefits of promoting and supporting diversity within an organization using scholarly resources.
• Competency 4: Produce clear, coherent, and professional written work, in accordance with Capella’s writing standards.
• Create an organized presentation that clearly communicates all specified content.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.