I don’t understand this Science question and need help to study.
Milestone 3: Severe Weather Report and Disaster Plan
This is a real-world project, designed to promote an understanding of the atmosphere and basic earth science. Students will write a 3–5 page summary paper (or do an11–15 slide PowerPoint/Prezi) on their own severe weather disaster plan. Students must report a real severe weather event, discuss the nature of weather, detail a specific residential area, pick one type or describe various types of environmental disasters, and describe a DETAILED DISASTER PLAN with evacuation directions.
• Separate title and references pages (doesn’t count in length)
• Length = NO LESS THAN 3 PAGES OR 11 SLIDES (not including title, refs, pics)!
• References = No LESS than 3 outside professional references (cited in APA style)
• Use your own words = No large quotes or cutting/pasting of text will be acceptable!
• Papers = default font types and sizes, with 1-inch margins, and double–spaced.
• PowerPoint = text at least 18 font size and it should be professional quality.
Project Outline: (report scenario, weather, earth science, disaster plan)
• There are FOUR parts to this project….
1. Use of Resources (research and report on your weather event): you will choose a real event involving severe weather (ex. hurricane, tornado, nor’easter, blizzard, monsoon, thunderstorm, etc.). Report details on it, research statistics,and make your audience understand the importance of this event and learning aboutweather.
2. Application of Knowledge (educate your audience): you MUST talk about the chemistry of water, water cycle, storms (from notes), the difference between weather and climate, and basics of the atmosphere(notes/Acro).
3. Content Mastery (connect to class earth science unit): connect the weather event to earth science and go in depth to show how your event is impacted by temperature, changing climate, pollution, etc. Also, be sure to thoroughly describe the cause and effect relationship of your weather event to the earth and society at large. (BE DETAILED)!
4. Problem Solving (design a disaster plan): research online for specific ways people can plan for (and survive in) your weather event. Create a detailed disaster plan, including survival tips, evacuation plans, communication plans, and emergency pet plans.
Project Details: (this is just a suggested guide for how to organize your project)
• 3 pages or 11 slides MINIMUM, not including the title, references, or pictures
• 3 outside sources at LEAST, with a REFERENCE SLIDE
Slide/Paragraph1:Purpose…What is weather? Why do we still research it? What is your disaster?
Slide/Paragraph 2:Report….Describe details about your disaster (how bad, where, when)
Slide/Paragraph3:Statistics…damage cost, area affected, total injuries, how common are these disasters?
Slide/Paragraph 4:Weather…educate your audience about your event, what causes it, layers of the atmosphere, and climate vs. weather! BE DETAILED!! Define ALL terms related to your topic
Slide/Paragraph5-6:Science… discuss the earth science, chem, and physics of weather (notes)
Slide/Paragraph7:Scales…discuss any scales or measurement devices used to determine how intense (ex. Saffir Simpson Hurricane Scale or The EF-Scale for tornadoes)
Slides/Paragraph8-11: Describe how you will create your ownFAMILYDISASTERPLAN:
o 8: Family Emergency and Communication Planning…discuss important things to talk about when having a family meeting and establish emergency meeting places….also discuss three distinct features that families need in an emergency communication plan. Include community meeting places. First, discuss how you should monitor local weather on an emergency broadcast network such as NOAA (have crank radios if the power goes down). Second, how will you maintain contact with all members of the family? Third, point out that you should have a FAMILY CONTACT….you need to make sure there is an out-of-town contact if evacuation needs to happen or if you want to leave messages.
o 9: Evacuation Procedure…discuss what your local community and household evacuation procedure is. Identify escape routes.
o 10: Disaster/First Aid Kits…list and describe what you would need to have in a disaster and first aid kit. This is something that you will need to bring with you and keep close to your family during the disaster. Think of it as a survival kit. Include all items that would be needed or helpful during your disaster.
o 11: Emergency Pet Plan…don’t forget your furry friends or leave them behind. Have a plan to save and/orevacuate your pets also. Losing pets can severely traumatize young children and you don’t want to send the message to your children that any life is worth sacrificing. Your pets are part of your family. What would you do? What supplies do you need?
Last Slide/Paragraph: References
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.