Student Name: ________________________________________________________________ Date: _______________
|The Cultural Self-Assessment assignment is an integrated assignment. This assignment will assist you in the clinical area in understanding and working with clients of different cultures. The Cultural Self-Assessment Tool can assist you with an investigation of your ethnic, cultural and religious heritage. Complete the following questions honestly and completely (leave no blanks). You must submit your type written answers to the individual file exchange on Blackboard. The following tool has been modified from:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Fuller, J.O. (1995). Getting In Touch With Your Heritage. In N. Vacc, S.Devaney and J.Wittmer (eds.), Experiencing and Counseling Multicultural and Diverse Populations (3rd ed.). Busto 1, PA: Taylor & Francis Group.
Giger, J. & Davidhizer, R. (1995). Transcultural Nursing Assessment and Intervention (2nd ed.). St. Louis: Mosby.
Spector, R.E. (1996). Guide to Heritage Assessment and Health Tradition. Stummford, CT.: Appleton and Lange.
· Cultural awareness
· Cultural knowledge
· Cultural skill
· Cultural encounter
· Cultural desire
· Cultural blindness
· Cultural imposition
· Cultural conflict
· Cultural shock
· Dominant value orientation
· Minority group
· Cultural preservation
· Cultural accommodations
· Cultural repatterning
· Cultural brokering
|1. Where were you born?
What is your race?
What is your ethnicity?
What setting were you born in? (Circle one) Home Hospital Other
2. Where was your Mother born?
3. Where was your Father born?
4. Where were your Grandparents born?
Your Mother’s Mother
Your Mother’s Father
Your Father’s Mother
Your Father’s Father
5. Number of sisters Number of brothers
6. Did you grow up in a: (circle one) Rural area Urban area Suburban area
7. Where did your parents grow up? And grandparents?
8. What religious beliefs were you brought up with?
9. What is your religious preference now?
10. Are you: (circle one) Married Single Divorced Other
11. If married, is your spouse the same religion as you? If not, which one?
12. What is your ethnic background?
13. What is your spouse’s ethnic background if married? Or significant other?
14. Do you (and spouse) attend religious services?
15. How do you practice your religious beliefs?
Celebration of religious holidays
16. What type of ethnic activities do you and your family participate in?
17. Does your family practice any cultural traditions and when?
18. Describe your use of nonverbal communication patterns?
19. Describe your use of silence and do you have difficulty/discomfort with silence?
20. When you have something important to discuss with your family, how do you approach them?
21. What is your function in your family system?
22. When you were a child who or what influenced you the most? And why?
23. Who makes the decisions in your family?
24. What is your relationship like with your parents and siblings?
25. When there is conflict between you and another individual, how do you handle it?
26. When you talk with family members, how close do you stand?
27. When you communicate with coworkers, peers, and/or acquaintances, how close do you stand to them?
28. If a stranger touches you, how do you react or feel?
29. At what distance, do you feel uncomfortable, when a stranger invades your space?
30. Do objects in the environment affect your sense of space and please elaborate? (i.e. clutter, furniture placement, medical supplies, etc.)
31. What is your normal state of health?
32. Are parents alive and well? Grandparents? Or Deceased?
33. How do you define social activities?
34. What activities do you enjoy by yourself? And with others?
35. Do your political views influence your attitude toward health and illness issues and how?
36. Are there any special religious practices or beliefs that you have, that may affect your health care when you are ill?
37. What events, rituals, and/or ceremonies are important within your life?
38. Do you rely on prayer to affect change in your life? Please explain.
39. What is your physiochemical reaction to time? Do you go to sleep and wake on a consistent schedule?
40. If you have an appointment at 2 pm, what time is acceptable to arrive?
41. If your nurse tells you that you will receive a medication in “about an hour”, how much time will you allow before calling the nurses’ station?
42. Do you have an internal locus-of-control or external locus-of-control and explain?
43. Is it acceptable for strangers to stop by unexpectedly? If not, why?
44. Name some ways your parents or other persons treated your illnesses, when you were a child.
45. Have you ever used home remedies? Which ones? Did they work? Would you use them in the future?
46. Are there health topics you feel are too sensitive to discuss? Which ones and why?
47. What is your attitude toward:
Pain (Chronic & Acute):
Death and Dying:
48. What diseases/illnesses are common in your family?
49. Describe your family’s typical behavior when a family member becomes ill.
50. How do you respond when you are angry?
51. Who or what helps you cope during a difficult time?
52. Are there any foods forbidden by your culture, or are some foods a cultural requirement in observance of a rite or ceremony? Elaborate on answers.
53. Identify things you are proud of in regards to your culture.
54. Identify things that embarrass you about your culture.
55. Describe an event when you were hurt by someone’s verbal prejudice or action. And describe your feelings and thoughts regarding the event.
56. Share an act of discrimination (stereotype, prejudice) you learned as a child. How do you deal with this as an adult and why?
57. Do you feel you could survive poverty and how?
58. What three things would you bring with you to survive in poverty and why? How would protect your property while in a shelter or on the street?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.