Assignment 1: LASA 2: Final Argument Paper
Using the information from the PowerPoint presentation you created in Module 3, write an Argument Paper that takes a position on the issue you selected. Be sure to include an explanation of the topic, possible viewpoints on the topic, your selected position on the topic, and appropriate evidence to support both your position and that of your possible opponents. Avoid the errors in reasoning that we have studied during the past five weeks by providing your argument in a logically defensible form.
1. Provide a summary introduction that succinctly identifies and explains the chosen issue, including key terms.
2. Identify and explain one argument (pro or con) related to the chosen issue; either summarize an existing argument or construct an original one.
3. Identify and assess the type of evidence offered in support of the argument position. This will include identifying premises and conclusions.
4. Analyze the evidence by explaining how the evidence logically supports or fails to support the argument’s conclusion, and critically evaluate the argument for any reasoning errors, accurately align the argument with the selected topic, and describe the source of the argument.
5. Next, identify and explain one counter argument (pro or con) related to the chosen issue and related to the first argument; either summarize an existing argument or construct an original one.
6. Identify and assess the type of evidence offered in support of the argument position. This will include identifying premises and conclusions.
7. Analyze the evidence by explaining how the evidence logically supports or fails to support the argument’s conclusion, and critically evaluate the argument for any reasoning errors, accurately align the argument with the selected topic, and describe the source of the argument.
8. Critically assess which of the two arguments is superior; defend the judgment by explaining how and why. Explain the value of critical-thinking analysis in reaching this final conclusion.
9. Apply current APA standards for editorial style, expression of ideas, and format of text, citations, and references. Professionally present the position using good grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Submit your Argument Paper in Microsoft Word document format to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Summary Introduction. 16
Identified and explained one argument (pro or con) related to the chosen issue. 20
Type of evidence offered in support of the argument position. 20
Analysis and explanation of how the evidence supports or fails to support the corresponding conclusion. 24
Evaluation of the argument. 28
Identified and explained one counter argument (pro or con) related to the chosen issue and related to the first argument. 20
Type of evidence offered in support of the counter argument position. 20
Analysis and explanation of how the counter argument supports or fails to support the corresponding conclusion. 24
Evaluation of counter argument. 28
Critically assessed which of the two arguments is superior, explaining how and why. Explain the value of critical thinking analysis in this assessment. 36
Usage and Mechanics. 16
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.