1) A codified law is known as a
A) deviant act.
2) According to John F. Galliher, legal definitions of criminality are arrived at through a __________ process.
3) Ron Classen sees crime primarily as
A) a violation of a law.
B) problem behavior.
C) an offense against human relationships.
D) a form of social maladjustment.
4) The pluralistic perspective suggests that behaviors are typically criminalized through
A) general agreement of members of society.
B) a political process.
C) the existence of shared norms and values.
D) none of the above
5) Which of the following jobs probably would not fall within the field of criminalistics?
A) Fingerprint examiner
B) Polygraph operator
C) Forensics examiner
D) Correctional officer
6) A police officer or probation officer is best described as a
C) criminal justice professional.
D) none of the above
7) __________ definitions focus on criminology’s role in uncovering the underly-
ing causes of crime.
D) None of the above
8) According to various professional groups, violence in television, music, video
games, and movies
A) may lead to increased levels of violent behavior among children.
B) may lead to decreased levels of violent behavior among children.
C) may lead to emotional sensitization toward violence in real life.
D) may have no effect on levels of violent behavior among children.
9) Which of the following is not an immediate input provided by the justice system that may enhance or reduce the likelihood of criminal occurrences?
A) Police response time to a crime scene
B) The availability or lack of official assistance
C) The presence or absence of police officers
D) A prison that acts as a “crime school”
10) Which of the following is not considered a property crime by the UCR?
11) Which of the following is not a reason why rape victims fail to report their victimization?
A) Fear that the crime is not important enough to report
B) Fear of the perpetrator
C) Fear of participation in the criminal justice system
12) The category of crimes in NIBRS which corresponds most closely to the UCR Part I offenses is
A) Group A offenses
B) Part I crimes
C) NIBRS key crimes
D) None of the above
13) According to Elliott Currie, the __________ is the rate of crime calculated on the basis of crimes that would likely be committed by those who are incapacitated by the criminal justice system.
A) actual crime rate
B) criminality index
C) latent crime rate
D) clearance rate
14) The NCVS divides larceny into the categories of __________ larceny.
A) household and personal
B) grand and petty
C) violent and nonviolent
D) felony and misdemeanor
15) Which of the following is not a finding of the National Youth Survey?
A) Violent offenders begin lives of crime earlier than originally believed.
B) Females are involved in a smaller proportion of crime than previously thought.
C) There is a consistent progression from less serious to more serious acts of
delinquency over time.
D) Race differentials in crime are smaller than traditional data sources indicated.
16) The first step in any research is to
A) develop a research design.
B) choose a data collection technique.
C) review the findings.
D) identify a problem.
17) A __________ is especially valuable when aspects of the social setting are beyond the control of the researcher.
A) one-group pretest-posttest design
B) case study
C) controlled experiment
D) quasi-experimental design
18) The study of one particular criminal organization is an example of the __________ data-gathering strategy.
A) survey research
B) case study
C) participant observation
D) secondary analysis
19) The degree of dispersion of scores around the mean is known as the
A) standard deviation.
D) significance test.
20) A __________ correlation exists between sample size and the degree of confidence we can have in our results.
21) In which year was the Magna Carta signed?
A) 450 B.C.
D) 1700 B.C.
22) Which of the following was not one of the three types of crimes outlined by Beccaria?
A) Crimes that involved no victims other than society
B) Crimes that ran contrary to the social order
C) Crimes that injured citizens or their property
D) Crimes that threatened the security of the state
23) Which of the following categories of punishment might include the loss of the right to vote?
24) The argument that crime is not a result of poverty or social conditions and
therefore cannot be affected by social programs was made by
A) Lawrence Cohen.
B) David Fogel.
C) Ronald V. Clarke.
D) James Q. Wilson.
25) Research by __________ found that a small number of chronic recidivists were responsible for a large majority of serious violent crime.
A) Marvin Wolfgang
B) Marcus Felson
C) Jack Katz
D) Ronald V. Clarke
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.