Persuasion Paper Guidelines Com 325
The goal of the two required persuasion papers you will prepare is to help you understand how the principles of persuasion discussed in class can be applied to real world settings.
Step 1: The first step in preparing each of the two papers is to select a case to analyze. Each paper must present a different case. For each paper your goal is to select a public health or political campaign that attempts to change people’s behaviors or attitudes about some health or political issue. The campaign may even attempt to get people to stop doing something unhealthy or risky. YouTube is filled with commercials and campaigns dealing with smoking, texting while driving, smoking/vaping prevention, political issues, etc. Each case study should involve videos and also provide a website or some supporting information about the campaign. Once you have selected your campaigns, a separate one for each paper, move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Prepare a 5 page (minimum), double-spaced paper that addresses the following five areas. You MUST label these areas in your paper so I know you’ve covered them. Your grade is at risk if you don’t label the five sections as they appear here:
1. Overview. Provide a 2-3 paragraph overview of the case. Include a description of the campaign’s goals, its current status, why the campaign is or was conducted, and perhaps some information about its impact. Include a link here to the video source of the campaign.
2. Audience Analysis. Conduct an analysis of the target audience. What do you think is the target audience for the campaign? Why what this group the target? What are their likely attitudes, belief, knowledge and behaviors associated with the health or political issue? For example, some campaigns target young males while others target young women, and so on. An effective audience analysis is key to receiving all the points in this section.
3. Message Appeals. Describe the specific message appeals used in the campaign. What were the messages targeting emotions? What messages were targeting a rational processing of the information? Don’t just focus on what was said but look at the expression on faces, the lighting, the context, and all elements of the visuals. Did they use fear appeals, rational appeals, or some other kind of appeals? Give specific examples.
4. Theoretical Analysis. Conduct a theoretical analysis of the campaign. Identify a specific theory discussed in the book or in class that models or explains the particular approach used in the campaign. The lectures will present the theories in class, and each theory will be labeled as a theory. Use only those concepts in lecture or in the book labeled “Theory” in your analysis in this section.
5. Campaign Critique. Finally, present a critique of the campaign. Based on your analysis, what did you think was effective and ineffective about the campaign? Did the messages likely reach the target audience’s areas of interest? If you think they did, then why was it effective? If not, why not? Any articles justifying your critique would be useful in this section.
Each of these sections is worth 10 points for a total of 50 points.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.