I’m studying and need help with a Chemistry question to help me learn.
Information about the essays:
- Your essay questions will provide you an opportunity to express understanding of topics in this course.
- These questions are typically answered in 1-2 paragraphs (depending on the topic). Make sure to address the prompt thoroughly and ask your instructor if you are unsure of any part of the prompt.
- Below are the two essay questions for this lesson. You will submit them via the link below.
- Essay Question #1 – For the following REDOX reaction, state the oxidation number for each element in the reaction. State which element is being oxidized and which element is being reduced, as well as how you know. State which element is the oxidizing agent and which element is the reducing agent, as well as how you know
- Essay Question #2 – A 21.5 g sample of a metal is immersed in boiling water at 100.0º C and then transferred to a calorimeter containing 75.0 g of water at 22.5ºC . The final temperature of the water is 27.0ºC. What is the specific heat of the metal? Using the table in Section 13.1, identify the metal. Please show all work for credit.