I’m studying and need help with a Communications question to help me learn.
Assume that the college president has received many student complaints about campus parking problems. You are appointed the chair of a student committee organized to investigate the problems and recommend solutions. The president has given you a file with all the complaints. The following are some of the complaints:
- Inadequate student spaces at critical hours
- Poor night lighting near the computer center
- Inadequate attempts to keep the resident neighbors from occupying spaces
- Dim marking lines
- Motorcycles taking up full spaces
- Discourteous security officers
- Spaces (often empty) reserved for college officials
- Relatively high parking fees
- Full fees charged to night students even though they use the lots only during low-demand periods
- Vandalism to cars and a sense of personal danger
- Inadequate total space
- Resident harassment of students parking on the street in front of neighboring houses.
Compose an email to the president of the college proposing making improvements to the parking situation at the college. Address some or all of these concerns and make a recommendation to the president on eliminating or at least mitigating some of these concerns.
In your response posts, make suggestions to your classmates on how they can improve their message. Be constructive and helpful. Assist with grammar and syntax, as well as being concise and succinct. Do you have any helpful comments for anything they might have missed?
- Your first response should be a minimum of 100 words, due Wednesday.
- You should reply to a minimum of 2 other classmates’ responses with 50 words minimum
- To earn full credit you need to answer more than “I agree” or “good job.” Your discussion replies may ask a clarifying question, may relate and apply to another situation, or you can probe the question deeper. But it needs to have substance in order for you to earn points.