1. (1 point) Evaluate the following lac operon partial diploids. Indicate whether the production of functional β-galactosidase from lacZ and of permease from lacY is “inducible”, “constitutive”, “absent” or “noninducible” for each partial diplod
a. F’ I+-p+o+Z+Y+ X F- I+p+o+Z-Y-
b. F’ I+-p+ocZ+Y- X F- I+p+o+Z-Y+ c. F’ I+-p+ocZ-Y+ X F- Isp+o+Z+Y+
2~3 Describe the effects on attenuation and on tryptophan synthesis of the following mutations of the two tryptophan codons (UGGUGG) in the attenuator region of operon.
2. (1 point) The tryptophan codons are mutated to UAGUGG. 3. (1 point) The tryptophan codons are mutated to UUGUUG.
4. (1 point) What would be the phenotype of a null mutation in the CRP protein gene in the regulation of Lac operon and why?
5. (1point) What would be the phenotype of a “constitutively expressed” mutation in the CRP protein gene in the regulation of Lac operon (i.e. CRP proteins are always highly expressed) and why?
6. (2 points) A repressible operon system, like the trp operon, contains three genes, G, Z, and W. Operon genes are synthesized when the end product of the operon synthesis pathway is absent, but there is no synthesis when the end product is present. One of these genes is an operator, one is a regulatory protein, and the other is a structural enzyme involved in synthesis of the end product. In the table below, “+” indicates that the enzyme is synthesized by the operon, and “-“ means that no enzyme synthesis occurs. Use this information to determine which gene corresponds to each operon function.
G+Z+W+ ￼ ￼ +
G-Z+W+ ￼ ￼ + G+Z-W+ ￼ ￼ – G+Z+W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G-Z+W+/G+Z-W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G+Z-W+/G-Z+W- ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G-Z-W-/G+Z+W+ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ + G+Z+W-/G-Z-W+ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ +
7. (1 point) Gene A is maternally imprinted (silenced) while Gene B is paternally imprinted when imprinted silencing occurs. A Mom with Genes A and B imprinted and a Dad with an imprinted Gene A have a daughter and a son. The children then marry individuals known not to be silenced for either gene. What is the imprint status of the daughter and son respectively? If each marriage results in the birth of a daughter and a son, what would you expect the imprint status of genes A and B to be for the grandchildren?
8 ~ 9. On a rare occasion, human can be born with a condition known as “uniparental disomy”. This happens when an individual inherited both copies of a chromosome from one parent but no copies from the other parent. For example, abnormal sperm that lacks chromosome 15 can fertilize an egg that contains two copies of chromosome 15. This is known as maternal uniparental disomy 15. Alternatively, there are cases of paternal disomy 15 (an abnormal sperm with two copies of chromosome 15 fertilizes an egg with no copies).
8. (1 point) If a female is born with paternal disomy 15, would you expect her to be normal or have Angelman syndrome (AS) or have Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS)? And explain why?
9. (1point) Would you expect her to produce normal offspring or offspring affected with AS or PWS?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.