I need an explanation for this Communications question to help me study.
1) Imagine that you are to give a speech to a group of college students. Use what you learned in the lecture notes about audience analysis and audience demographics to choose what your topic would be. Explain your answer.
2) The video below is about how we can get people to listen to us. What concepts from the video can you use in public speaking? How does the content help us understand how our audience is listening to us?
3) What techniques does he use to engage his audience? Do you think he understands how to convey a message to his audience?
4. please respond to the 2 student posts below at least 120 words please.
1. If I were giving a speech to college students I would choose a topic that spoke about the best way to finish college quicker than 4 years. The reason I would choose this is because I don’t know many people that wish to be in college for an extended period of time. Also, I have experience in finishing school quicker than if I went to school the traditional way. College for me seems like a hold on life, you haven’t began your career and most people aren’t making money for going to school. To me I think other college students would find it interesting on how to expedite the process.
2. One of the concepts I can use in public speaking are the changing of tones in the speech and also trying to speak from my belly to produce a more authoritative voice. the content allowed me to realize the perseption of the audience based on the speed of your speech, tone, volume and varying the tone of your speech.
3. I believe he engages the audience by saying speech is the most powerful instrument we speak. Also, asking if we ever feel like when we speak people aren’t listening, I feel like everyone can relate to that. Yes, I believe he knows how to convey a message to his audience.
If I had to give a speech to college students I think I would have to choose gender identity and it would be mostly due to the climate we are in right now with the confusion between gender and sex relating to the human body. Today we are in an area where people are ignorant on the matter with me even being one of them until I educated myself on it and I think there is no better place to talk about it than college where open-mindedness is key.
The video that was shown had multiple concepts of speech to help you whether it be the breathing method or the main method of H.A.I.L which in my opinion is the best one to use. That content helps us understand our audience and how they are listening to us by showing the concepts of what grabs their attention and what gets them to listen such as speaking through your abdomen or puffing yourself up to make you seem bigger and a more authoritative person who will get their point across.
The techniques that Mr. Treasure uses are the exact ones he brings up with a little extra on the side like humor and the ability to have an almost one none conversation with each person in the crowd whilst at the same time addressing everybody. He uses the speaking from his chest and also the HAIL method which overall helped not only me but the many people there get interested in what he is talking about. All this of course shows that he is more than capable of understanding how to convey a message to his audience.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.