I’m working on a Communications exercise and need support.
1) In your own words, explain the difference between General purpose and Specific purpose.
2)Why do you think establishing the purpose of your speech is so important? After reviewing this week’s lecture, what do you think makes a good specific purpose?
3) Have you ever listened to a presenter whose purpose was unclear? How was that experience? Explain your answer.
4) reply 2 student responses below
25 January 2021
1. In general purpose there’s three types of speeches that are used, and it’s used to inform and to teach the audience something. As well as informing your audience, demo, and category to your audience. General purpose is also persuading the audience to do something, or to change there minds about something. In a general purpose there’s also a commemorate or celebrate speech, and it used during celebrations. Specific purpose is when your really clear what your speech is going to be about. A specific purpose is to guide your entire speech. Specific purpose is mainly about catering your speech to your audience. A specific purpose also leads us into our audience that analysis our lecture.
2. I think establishing the purpose of your speech is important because that’s how we connect with other, and send messages to our audience. By establishing the purpose of our speech is important because this is how we can teach others as well as expanding each others knowledge. Our message can be important to our people in the audience that someone needs to hear, or something they never knew and are interested in.
3. I don’t remember if I’ve listened to a presenter whose purpose was unclear, but there was a time that I had to give a presentation and I wasn’t clear about my speech about if I liked the book or the movie better. In my presentation I was supposed to explain why I liked the movie or the book better, but instead I got so wrapped up in talking about how powerful the message was in the book.
1. General purpose is the topic that you want to speak about and the exact topic you want to speak about within that general topic is your specific topic. For example, my general topic could be US history, my specific topic could be the revolutionary war.
2. Establishing a purpose of your speech is important because than you know what you are speaking about. Also, it gives you a chance to gear your purpose to the audience. Without a purpose you’re kind of lost. A good specific purpose is one that can be explained within the allotted time and be expected that your audience will be able to understand your purpose. Also, a good specific pupose should be one that is developed for your audience for example speaking to 5 year old kids about the importance of taking care of your car may not be a good purpose for that age group.
3. No, I haven’t experienced a presenter who had an unclear purpose. I have experienced speakers that have not connected with the audience but I have known their agenda or purpose of their speech. Those types of experiences have left me bored and unsatisfied. How can one be satisfied if they are uninterested in the speakers purpose or intent of being there? That’s how I felt. Without connecting with the audience your purpose, whether known or unclear, will not come across the way you’d like it to.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.