BA 356 Central Texas College Quantitative Analysis & Expected Monetary Value Worksheet – Assignment Help

I need an explanation for this Business question to help me study.

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
BA 356 Central Texas College Quantitative Analysis & Expected Monetary Value Worksheet – Assignment Help
Just from $13/Page
Order Essay

Your assignment for this week is to do Problems 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 below. This assignment must be in Excel/QM and submitted through Assignment. Also provide a written response for each part of each question. (See rubric below.)

3.1) A manager needs to hire short-term employees to meet production demands. The manager would like to hire one of three possible short-term workers. Ten hours are demanded with 50% probability, 20 hours are demanded with 30% probability, and 30 hours are demanded with 20% probability. The table below represents the alternatives and possible states of nature.

States of Nature

(Worker hrs. demanded)

Alternatives

10 hr. total pay

20 hr. total pay

30 hr. total pay

Worker 1

$1,000.00

$1,800.00

$2,400.00

Worker 2

$900.00

$1,800.00

$2,500.00

Worker 3

$950.00

$1,750.00

$2,500.00

a) Which alternative will minimize the expected monetary value?

b) What is the expected value of perfect information?

3.2) The following payoff table provides profits based on various possible decision alternatives and various levels of demand.

States of Nature

Demand

Alternatives

Low

Medium

High

Alternative 1

80

120

140

Alternative 2

90

90

90

Alternative 3

50

70

150

The probability of a low demand is 0.4, while the probability of a medium and high demand is each 0.3.

(a) What decision would an optimist make?

(b) What decision would a pessimist make?

(c) What is the highest possible expected monetary value?

(d) Calculate the expected value of perfect information for this situation.

3.3) Orders for clothing from a particular manufacturer for this year’s Christmas shopping season must be placed in February. The cost per unit for a particular dress is $20 while the anticipated selling price is $50. Demand is projected to be 50, 60, or 70 units. There is a 40 percent chance that demand will be 50 units, a 50 percent chance that demand will be 60 units, and a 10 percent chance that demand will be 70 units. The company believes that any leftover goods will have to be scrapped. How many units should be ordered in February? (Calculations and formulas for all data in the Decision Table must be provided for credit. Answers not in Excel QM and without calculations and formulas for the data will not receive credit.)

Rubric for Problems:

Criteria

Excellent

Average

Poor

Points

8-10 points

6-7 points

0-5 points

Submission fully addresses questions listed in the problem. Answer is consistent and supported by Excel QM spreadsheets/results.

Response fully answers all parts listed in the question. Answer is consistent and supported by Excel QM spreadsheets as a separate document. All calculations are shown.

Response partially answers all parts listed in the question. Answer is consistent and supported by Excel QM spreadsheets as a separate document. Most calculations are shown.

Response partially answers few parts listed in the question. Answer is not consistent with supporting Excel QM spreadsheets. Most or all calculations not provided.

There must be a written response to each part of the question. This can be inside the corresponding Excel QM spreadsheet.

Each part of each question is fully answered and explained. All Excel QM or additional calculations are shown if they are required.

Most questions are fully answered and explained. All Excel QM or additional calculations are shown if they are required.

Few question are answered and explained. Few to no Excel QM or additional calculations are shown if they are required.

Academic Integrity and Syntax:

Academic Integrity

Spelling and grammar

Work is original.

Adheres to all spelling and grammar rules

Work is original

Few grammar and spelling errors

All or portions of the work are not original

Follows few or does not follow grammar and spelling rules

Timely submission

Entire assignment successfully submitted through Turn-it-in on or before due date.

Most of the assignment submitted, on or before due date.

Part or entire assignment submitted within 3 days after the due date.

Calculate your paper price
Pages (550 words)
Approximate price: -

Why Work with Us

Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers

We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.

Professional and Experienced Academic Writers

We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.

Free Unlimited Revisions

If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.

Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee

All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.

Original & Confidential

We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.

24/7 Customer Support

Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.

Try it now!

Calculate the price of your order

Total price:
$0.00

How it works?

Follow these simple steps to get your paper done

Place your order

Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.

Proceed with the payment

Choose the payment system that suits you most.

Receive the final file

Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.

Our Services

No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.

Essays

Essay Writing Service

No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.

Admissions

Admission Essays & Business Writing Help

An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.

Reviews

Editing Support

Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.

Reviews

Revision Support

If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.