Please see 2 attachments for assignment instructions.
Local Community Issue Presentation
Effective communication is an essential skill for working in the public policy sector. Often information will have to be communicated in the form of a briefing or presentation. During that presentation, one needs to deliver information clearly and in a concise fashion. This assignment will give you the opportunity to practice those skills in the form of an analysis of an issue of your choosing that impacts a local community.
For this assignment, you will construct and deliver a PowerPoint presentation that analyzes the impact of an issue on a local community. Be sure to incorporate information from a local representative, such as a city council member, preferably from an interview, and make recommendations of change in public policy based on your analysis.
You will need to record a PowerPoint Presentation with speakers notes at the bottom, as if you are addressing a group of colleagues. Consider the following when you record your presentation:
· The instructor is able to view you delivering your presentation, and the camera is positioned so that you as the presenter are easily seen.
· You clearly communicate the content of the presentation.
· The instructor is able to hear your delivery well.
· The audience would be able to glean the main points from your visual aid, but you are elaborating on those main points in your delivery and providing further content than what is on the visual aid.
In your 9 slide presentation, be sure to address the following points below. You will submit the presentation as your artifact for this assignment. The presentation length should be at least 12 minutes long.
· Describe the issue that you chose to analyze.
o Why was that issue chosen?
· Explain the relevance of the issue to your own community.
o Who does it directly impact?
· Analyze the impact of the issue on the local community.
· Incorporate information gathered from local representative(s) to effectively analyze the issue.
o This would preferably be done through an interview conducted with the representative. If you are not able to conduct the interview, research your city council website.
· Analyze how the concept of federalism was used to understand the impact of the issue on public policy and the community.
· Address the opposing point of view.
· Recommend a change in public policy based on your analysis of the issue.
o How does this change positively impact the community members that are currently affected?
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting. Slide content does not need to conform to APA style.
· Number of resources: Minimum of five peer-reviewed resources, formatted according to APA guidelines.
· Length of presentation: 9 slides.
· Resources: Your ideas must be supported with relevant recent, scholarly sources that are properly cited and referenced in APA Style.
· Review the scoring guide in the attachments for the grading criteria for this assignment.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.