The primary goal of this exercise is for the student to further examine evolution from the perspective of two subfields in anthropology. The all-encompassing nature of evolution will be illustrated, and students will have the opportunity to explore the holistic nature of anthropology.
Anthropologists study many different aspects of humanity in order to fully understand the diversity of the human species. One of these aspects concerns our development as a species, both physically and culturally. For the assignment, the student will first discuss and investigate evolution as viewed by physical anthropology, and then the student will investigate and discuss evolution from one other subfield – cultural, linguistic, or archaeological.
In a 3-5 page written assignment, answer the following questions.
1) Discuss what evolution is in terms of physical anthropology.
2) Define evolution (using textbook and/or lecture notes)
3) Discuss what a physical anthropologist may examine/investigate in order to study evolution (e.g. population DNA) and why it is helpful for studying evolution.
4) Find at least one outside source related to your answer for Q2 and Q3 (e.g. the genome project for DNA). Conduct original research, do not use the genome project because that example is given in class.
5) Briefly describe the source you discuss in Q4 and how is it helpful for examining/investigating evolution.
6) Choose a second subfield of anthropology (cultural, linguistic, or archaeology).
7) Discuss how an anthropologist in this second subfield would study evolution.
a. Remember, evolution can apply to both physical and societal changes, so things like language and customs can evolve just as much as bodies and brains can.
8) Discuss what an anthropologist from your chosen subfield may examine/investigate in order to study evolution (e.g. an archaeologist may look at how tools have changed through time, and what has caused that change) and why it is helpful for studying evolution.
9) Find at least one outside source related to your answer for Q7 and Q8. Conduct original research, do not use tool evolution because that example is given in class.
10) Briefly describe the source that you describe in Q9 and how is it helpful for examining/investigating evolution.
11) Discuss how the study of evolution between physical anthropology and your chosen subfield compare and contrast.
12) Conclude by discussing one new piece of information you learned about evolution.
13) Be sure to write your assignment using the writing expectations (see below) and submit your assignment both in the classroom and to Turnitin.com.
Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
All written submissions should be submitted using APA formatting. In part, this includes:
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.