I’m working on a Social Science exercise and need support.
Before posting your discussion
For this discussion, assume that your stakeholders are your colleagues who are informed about the problem and passionate about doing something about it. Consider this when you contribute your discussion.
You may stop here to reserve your article and return to your discussion later.
1. Name the article you chose for your report again, in complete APA format
(Mallett, C. A. (2012). The school success program: Improving maltreated children’s academic and school-related outcomes. Children & Schools, 34(1), 13–26. )
2. Provide context. In 3-4 sentences, briefly provide enough information about the program that would enable your reader to understand your analysis, including
3. Name the type of evaluation described in the article. Identify whether the article describes a process or a product (results/outcome) evaluation of a program. If the article describes both process and product evaluations, pick ONE type of evaluation to report in this discussion.
4. Find information in the article that explains the purpose of the evaluation. If none is stated, selected from the list of purposes above that fits the evaluation in the article most closely, and indicate that this is your estimate of the purpose.
5. List three questions that your colleagues would want to learn from the evaluation report. Choose questions from the article where possible. If none are provided, choose questions from information covered over the past weeks in this course or select questions from lists above.
6. Choose TWO methods of disseminating your responses to Questions 2-5 to your social work colleagues.
7. Provide a rationale for your TWO choices of methods for disseminating the responses to social workers with whom you are acquainted or work. Include a disadvantage for each of your TWO choices (4-6 sentences for each method; Google “advantages and disadvantages of using [method] for disseminating evaluation findings”) if you cannot find pertinent information about your chosen method in Dudley (2014). Base your rationale on two or more of the following factors: .
1. how well the method will convey information accurately
2. the clarity of the method for helping colleagues to understand the information
3. the likelihood that the method will maintain their interest
4. how well the method will motivate decisions and action
5. your knowledge of the social workers with whom you work – what is the most effective way to inform them, answer their questions, and motivate them to use the evaluation findings to aid clients? [Everyone’s settings will be different, so the answers can vary considerably].
8. Describe one new bit of information you learned from each of the videos linked in the instructions. (1-2 sentences)