I’m trying to study for my Biology course and I need some help to understand this question.
I. Explain what biological evolution is and how it works.
a. Explain what “biological evolution” means. In other words, give a basic, accurate definition of “biological evolution.”
b. Give a basic overview of what genes are, what they do, and how they are involved in heredity.
c. Discuss the ways genes in a population change over time (that is, evolution!). This discussion must include the following:
- A discussion of what genetic mutation is and how it contributes to evolution.
- A discussion of natural selection, how it works (all the steps!), and how it contributes to evolution.
- A discussion of what genetic drift is and how it contributes to evolution
- Rules to keep in mind:
- Use the course materials. You’re trying to show you understand what is taught in this class.
- Use your own words. Do not copy definitions or anything else. Do not quote.
- Make things clear for your friend. Explain in a simple, understandable way. Don’t write in outline form. Just “talk” to your friend.
- Do not go over 400 words at most for this part of your answer.